Q's Personal Legend

"When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream," said the alchemist, echoing the words of the old king. The boy understood. Another person was there to help him toward his Personal Legend.

-- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia

I teach Social Studies at a Georgia high school.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Glass Houses

I have not been very diligent about posting lately. In fact, I have done much lurking as I do not have much energy. The first six weeks of school have passed, and I need a break! Any way...

Teachers blogging is the newest hot topic. History is Elementary was recently featured in USA Today. I applaud her in her courage to blog and identify herself. She is getting a lot of flack about it. I do not understand people who feel the need to express their pettiness because they have no real reason to dislike someone other than 'they just do.' Unfortunately there are some people in this world who feel the need to take their anger out on others. I guess the public forgets that teachers are human too. Granted humanity, in my opinion, does not give us an excuse to be slack in our jobs. Teachers live in glass houses sometimes--everything we do, say, and write is scrutinized. Even college-educated individuals make mistakes--I make plenty of them. At least we own up to them and are not bitter about it. If somebody feels the need to correct my grammar--I thank you for the concern. I just hope you are polite about.

To History is Elementary--YOU ROCK SISTER!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

One of my co-teachers and I know how you feel about not having much energy. She said to me yesterday: "It's only the fifth week of school and I'm so tired it feels like December!"

May we all find renewed energy for the sake of the kids we serve.

6:54 AM  
Blogger elementaryhistoryteacher said...

We have missed your posts though I understand about the low energy level. It has been a difficult six weeks for me as well.

In the sidebar section of my blog I mention that one of the goals of my writing is to inspire people. I'm glad my situation inspired you to post.

We both need to continue with what we do in the classroom and outside as well. We both need to let people know WE ARE HERE!

Right back at ya...YOU ROCK SISTER!!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger George said...

How did you manage to read 4 books in one weekend and which ones were they? Do you have kids? If so, I am majorly impressed!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Q's Personal Legend said...

I read The Unquiet Mind, They Cage the Animals at Night, Tipping Point, and Speak. Not huge books, maybe a couple hundred pages each. I am like fire when I read, I consume.

No kids yet.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home